Yesterday was the first installment of me moving things from campus back to my home. With the help of my friend and her pickup truck, many things were moved home safely and nothing was damaged. The last installment of things will come home with me when I move back at the end of the semester. Until then, the few things that are currently on campus with me will help me survive the last of the days with my close friends and professors. I have both of my guitars, my laptop, clothing and of course my devotional and Bible are still with me. The essentials of life all in one room.
While I was sitting in my room, dwelling amongst the emptiness, I began to wonder how the rest of the year was going to look for me. In one month, I will be embarking on an adventure to a place I have not visited since I was a small child, working a job I never thought I would have, and living amongst people I do not know. For 7 whole months, no less. I know that God would not have presented this opportunity to me without reason and without a means to cope. Thankfully I will be traveling and adventuring this entire time with a dear friend of mine (he knows who he is!) and I know that God will be traveling with me wherever I may roam.
Aside from the whole "I am going away for longer than I have gone to a distant land" type of worry, I have a worry for my family as well. I will not be there for certain birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and other occasions which I normally would be there. I never took it into account last year that I would not be near my mom for her birthday the next year, this year. The same goes for some of the holidays I will not be around for. It never occurred to me last year that I would not be home to celebrate them with my family the next year. This can only lead me to the old adage: "What a difference a day makes". It's more like "What a difference a year makes". I can only start thinking of the future of my life now in a different perspective. What will happen to me in a year from today? Where will I be a year from today? What about 2 years? 3 years? I know and believe that God has big plans for my life, even if that does not mean doing "big" things. Touching the lives for the sake of God is all I want to do and if this is the adventure I must experience in order to learn how to do the things that God wants me to, then I shall adventure along and enjoy the ride. Whether it is a day, a year, or a lifetime, I know that wherever I go, roam, run, walk, skip, jump, fly or ship to, my Lord and Savior is with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment