Thursday, June 7, 2012

Disney Official and Making a Wish


Traveling, airplane, take-off and landing. Arrival.
Instead of peanuts, we got vanilla wafers!
Okay. I have been here for four days now and the sheer amount of information that has been bestowed upon my brain has been super-massive. I can happily say that I think I am going to thoroughly enjoy myself here. My buddy and I have been settled in and I now live directly above him! Awesome! My roomies are amazing and the apartment is decent-sized and comfortably fits all of us. 
View from living room window

Living room and Dining Table

My bed on my side of the room
One of the Bathrooms, this is the one I use


View from my bedroom window



 I have a few days off before I start my position training and I am taking this time to reflect upon what has happened over the passed few days...

Yesterday, my friend and a groups of new friends we met went to hang out at Magic Kingdom at 8 at night. It was quite spontaneous and very fun! I haven't been there since I was a child and all the memories of my childhood experience of Magic Kingdom came flooding back to me. I felt like an 8 year old all over again.
Cinderella's Castle!

The train station



Also yesterday, we had to go through our Disney Traditions training, in which we learned about the general overview of being a Disney Employee. Even though we are just interns, the amount of influence we have over the experience of the Disney guests is incomparable. For the most part, we are the faces of Disney. No one will meet anyone else in the Disney parks other than us interns and we have to be ready to make the magic happen! Once we received our Disney IDs, got through the entire history of Disney, took a tour through Magic Kingdom to look for some of the things we were just talking about, and returned to Disney University, Mickey Mouse came in to deliver our official Walt Disney World Name tags! That was probably the highlight of yesterday, having my official name tag delivered by the “boss” himself!
I am Disney Official!

Over the next few days, I'll continue to settle in, make new friends and familiarize myself with the areas of Disney and hopefully I'll be more than ready to start my training this coming Sunday. Monday I start Experiential Learning and Tuesday I start Human Resource Management. I also hold out the hope that I won't have to work right after my classes, but if I do I'll make the best of it!

As far as facts of my travels, that was pretty much it!

No comments:

Post a Comment